The Essential Guide to Baked Cranberry Brie Pastry with Pecans and Honey
Brie is often considered a perfect appetizer because it's amazing flavor and versatility which makes it a great Thanksgiving appetizer especially when paired with cranberries, pecans and honey!
Brie pairs well with a variety of accompaniments, such as fruit, nuts, crackers, and bread. It's mild and creamy flavor complements both sweet and savory elements, making it suitable for any party or holiday celebration.
Brie has a creamy and soft texture that makes it easy to spread on crackers or bread. Best of all, brie tends to be a crowd-pleaser, making it a safe choice when you're unsure of your guests' preferences. Its mild taste and creamy texture appeal to a wide range of palates and is sure to be a hit at your holiday dinner table!
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice (fresh squeezed)
- 2 Tbs orange zest
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon freshly grated if possible
- 1 pinch Celtic sea salt
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry chilled but thawed
- 1 8-12 ounce wheel of brie cheese
- 2/3 cup toasted pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 egg beaten
- coarse sugar for sprinkling
DIRECTIONS1. To make the cranberry sauce: in a medium pot, bring the cranberries, orange juice, orange zest, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt to a boil over medium heat. Boil 10-15 minutes or until the cranberries burst and the sauce thickens.
2. Preheat the oven to 425° F.
3. Lay the puff pastry flat on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place the brie in the center of the pastry and remove a little of the rind from the top of the brie. I leave the rind on the bottom and sides intact. Spread the cranberry sauce over top and then sprinkle with pecans. Fold each corner of the pastry over the brie in a windmill fashion. Brush the pastry with beaten egg and sprinkle lightly with sugar.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the pastry is deep golden brown.
5. EAT and enjoy with your favorite bread or crackers…or with a dessert spoon.